When deciding which college to go to for the next four years, it really is so valuable to look at the college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the spring of my year that is senior and to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when i came across a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and remain myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we curently have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, listed here is an outline of this next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, in the event that you have not already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our internet site for more information about how precisely to apply for financial aid.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you’ve got a better chance to getting the type of housing you want the sooner you apply. Also if you’re maybe not 100% sure you are coming to USC year that is next you’ll submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Sign up to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a great possiblity to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you are going to also sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be able to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 company days after you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high college transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high level exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the various AP and IB exams.
When you have concerns that aren’t covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answr fully your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does that mean?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We think that having students from different countries around the globe contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted within the class room.
Certain courses by themselves are even created around providing students with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican college, aswell as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language skills by spending a summer coping with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils utilizing the chance to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the few weeks, students will stay on-campus and investigate a problem that is international in scope. They then travel to the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, in order to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Most recently, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its global existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it really is imperative that our students experience various cultures, along with having the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may https://shmoop.pro/ be called the University of Southern California, but we are really a place that is global!